Garden Quiz 1
Try this garden quiz from gardenandgreen.co.uk
1. Name the evergreen hedge that has created many a neighbourly dispute?
2. The Monkey Puzzle tree originates from which country?
3. What herb is regularly mentioned along with Rosemary?
4. The RHS holds a flower show at Tatton Park, which is in what County?
5. Name the popular type of goldfish found in ornamental garden ponds.
6. What plant is used in the treatment of Leukemia?
7. Soil can be Acidic, Alkaline or……?
8. Is a blue tulip fact or fiction?
9. What can be placed over Rhubarb to make it longer and more delicate?
10. What colour rose is associated with Lancashire?
11. What yellow flowering tree is poisonous?
12. What is the name for sculpting hedges?
13. What bulb plant could be described as having a facial hair problem?
14. Butterflies – Red Admiral, …….. White?
15. Name the organic gardener with flower in his name?
16. What special attribute makes Lavender ideal for dry conditions?
17. What county did Capability Brown, the famous landscape designer originate from?
18. I am a woody stemmed plant, usually branched near the base and lacking a single trunk….what am I?
19. What is a whip?
20. A Hybrid Tea is a type of what plant?
21. Where do Pelargoniums originate from?
22. What type of plants can be found in a rock garden?
23. Rhizomes are a type of what plant?
24. What herb beginning with ‘A’ has soothing properties?
25. A dibber is useful for what?
26. Cacti are often referred to as what?
27. Kale, Cauliflowers, Brussel Sprouts are all what type of vegetable?
28. A beer trap can help control what type of pest?
29. A cloche can help protect plants from what?
30. Shepherds Purse is a type of what?